Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sunday, June 26th

I am released from the hospital around 8:00 AM and Andy and I head home. We take a quick nap and then head to McLeod with my parents. I am so excited to finally see my baby girl and grandma gets to meet her too!
It was so wonderful to meet my daughter. We had special instructions that we were unable to stroke any part of her, but rather just touch her skin. They wanted to keep her as unstimulated as possible while cooling.  It was so hard not to snuggle and kiss and warm her. She just felt so cool to the touch, but we knew this treatment was the best thing for her.
At this point they have planned to start “warming” Whitney at midnight, it will take 6 hours to get her back to her core temperature. The infant neurologist is also planned to meet with us tomorrow. We were also able to change her diaper today. (She has been having good both dirty and wet diapers from the beginning)

No comments:

Post a Comment