Tuesday, July 12, 2011

She's Home!

(andy)  i will let sarah write an actual blog with lots of details and pictures tomorrow.  tonight we just wanted to let everyone know we left the mcleod hospital in florence, sc with our beautiful baby daughter and got home this afternoon.  she is doing so well.  she passed her most recent car seat test and rode in her normal car seat.  she is on a monitor, but it's just 2 electrodes on her chest that go to a little portable machine that would beep if she stopped breathing or her heartbeat dropped or raises too high.  so far it hasn't gone off  ( except for when i sat on it and pulled the cables)  there will be more info to come.

we also wanted to give a huge thank you to all the nurses and doctors @ mcleod nicu and conway medical center.  from Whitney having 1 nurse all to her self to being shared, everyone at both hospitals went above the call of duty.  i feel like sarah and i made some good friends in the hospitals over the last 3 weeks.  we owe these people everything.   thank you

2 comments:

  1. So HAPPY she is finally home with her Mommy and Daddy!!!! I wish you the best of luck with your first night home and just remember that she is one strong little girl!!!! I have happy tears in my eyes for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO happy for you guys!!! Now breathe and relax. Enjoy her little squirms and squeaks and watch her smile in her sleep. If you need me you know I am just down the road......I think Andy has my phone number. Text me if you need something. If you don't have it, msg me on FB and I will send it to you. I cannot wait to see that beautiful little girl!! Everyone at Conway are so excited for you!!
    Much love
    Gina Dilmore

    ReplyDelete